Tuesday, June 10, 2014

That Research Life

Hello!

So much has happened over the past two days.  Yesterday was a quiet day in the lab; I did no lab work while waiting for primers to arrive and my cell cultures to grow.  However, I wrote a lot of my thesis: 2.5 pages worth!  I was trying to figure out what I was missing, as I have 6 pages of background, and need 10-12.  I figured it out, with help from the rest of my lab!  Teamwork is great.

Today was a busy day.  I isolated my plasmid containing a luminescent tag to detect travel of the protein within the cells.  For my other project (where I needed to grow cell cultures),  I fixed my slides with cells to determine protein modification.  I added different concentrations of drug inhibitors to my cell cultures to determine if there was a difference in protein modification, and hence cell growth as the protein modification I am trying to study has a direct affect on whether or not a cell duplicates.  It appears to have worked (inhibiting cell growth), but I will need to spend some time at the microscope tomorrow.  

I have had such a great time in the lab for the past week.  In fact, I finished my tip box today, which was very exciting.  :)  It is a sign that a lot of work has been accomplished so far.  I can't wait to finish some more.



My roommate and I were feeling lazy today, and decided to treat ourselves to a night out!  We went to Noodle Work Jr.  I ordered Pad See Ew, which I have never had before.  It was very good, containing a great flavor and texture.  I didn't enjoy the Chinese broccoli very much, but thats okay because I enjoyed everything else!  I have enough leftovers, that I think I will eat it for lunch tomorrow (or Thursday).


If you have been following my "late-night" snack, you know I really like to make popsicles.  I made another Zoku pop last night!  The milk and oreo popsicles are by far the best.  If anybody has suggestions on other good popsicles, then please let me know!

I just came back form the market, per being on my own and still wanting to eat.  I bought some of the necessary supplies, such as bread, chicken and eggs, but I am really excited to say I bought something new for breakfast: Eggo mini waffles!!!!!!! Leggo my eggo.

Off to complete an hour of GRE test prep.  Have a great evening everyone :)

"Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved." -Mattie Stepanek

No comments:

Post a Comment