Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Quiet, yet busy

The last two days have been quiet, yet busy.  I understand that this is a paradox, yet it is true.  I have read three books cover to cover, enjoying the amount of time I got to spend pleasing myself.  I feel much more relaxed, not that I was ever stressed. 

I started my Sunday in the village, picking up some fresh produce from the farmers market before heading to Starbucks to work on my thesis.  An hour and a half after arriving at Starbucks, I had a complete draft of my introduction.  At the moment, I am working on edits and small additions before my advisor may view it.

I then sat by the pool, unfortunately leaving my favorite (and only) pair of sunglasses behind.  Kate Spade.  Needless to say, when I returned a few hours later they were gone.  This bit of news has been pretty upsetting; I still remember the day that my mother gave them to me in August of 2012.  For the moment, I am sunglass-less.  When I return home this weekend, I will pick up a pair of cheap ones from the stash in my drawer while I search for another perfect pair.

I do not have much of an update on lab, except that I LOVE WORKING IT.  I was nervous that this fellowship would not live up to my expectations, and I would have to figure out a new career path. Thankfully, the fellowship has not only affirmed my love of research and being in a lab, but strengthened my desire to earn my Ph.D. in Biology.

As it is late, I will skip talking about all of the yummy food I have eaten (turkey meatballs and matzo balls) and say goodnight.

"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams"- Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment