Monday, June 9, 2014

Short and Sweet

Hello!

I hope everyone had a great weekend; I know I sure did.  I am not sure what to write, as some of the weekend details appear to have escaped me.  Saturday morning, I got up bright and early to attend 7:30 am spin class with my father.  It was unbelievably tiring, however I felt great all day.  In fact, I got to have chocolate chip PANCAKES for lunch.  They were amazing, however they were no where near as amazing as the See's chocolates I devoured over the last 24 hours.  I ate the Mocha, Bordeaux, and Butterscotch milk chocolates.  I wish I could eat See's chocolates everyday :)


One of the best parts of going home is being able to see and play with my puppy.  While she is currently 6 years old, she will always be a puppy (or really my mothers' puppy).  She was unbelievably excited to see me.  I enjoyed playing ball (or fetch) with her, and continuing our nightly routine of playing with Fido.  Fido is a stuffed monkey that we use to play tug-go (and like every other dog, she sometimes enjoys humping him as well).


Unfortunately, I also had to complete some work this weekend.  I completed a few hours of GRE practice, had GRE tutoring, and even better, finished another 3 paragraphs of my Thesis.

Back at school, my roommate and I made a stir-fry for dinner: ground chicken, zucchini, carrots, and peas.  My roommate made a soy sauce that contained brown sugar and ginger.  We ate it over rice, and was definitely a make-again dish.


Part of eating healthy for me is eating more vegetables; I am glad that I have decided to expand the foods that I eat- mainly veggies.  However, I am definitely in the mood for a home-made dessert right now.  The real question is cake or scones?

The answer: chocolate chip scones courtesy of a mix from Trader Joe's.  I decided to make min-scones instead, and will bring them in to share with my lab mates tomorrow.  I would really like to have more interaction with the lab group that I share lab with; I think this will be a nice start.  Anyhow, I tried them tonight, and they were pretty good!  They aren't made from scratch, but I am excited to eat them all week.

Have a great week everybody!

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." --Leo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment