Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake

Happy New Year everyone!!

A week ago, it was my birthday.  My grandmother got me a marble cake with chocolate frosting, and it was amazing!  Unfortunately, I had to fly home immediately after I had one slice.  Needless to say, one piece of cake was not sufficient.  I decided to bake my own cake, putting a spin on my Moms Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake.  This also happens to be one of my Dads favorite cakes.


For my birthday, I got a brand-new camera!  So what better way to test it out, then to take tens of pictures of this cake?





Ingredients:
1 box Betty Crocker's Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix with pudding
1/2 box vanilla pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips.  Mix until combined.  Take note, the cake mix has mini chocolate chips in it.  Beat the batter for about 8 minutes.  (I did this by hand, so it wasn't actually 8 minutes..I would suggest doing this in a mixer unless you are looking for a workout!).  Coat the chocolate chips with flour, and add to the batter, mixing them in.  Pour the batter into a greased bundt-pan.  Bake at 350 for 50-80 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment