Sunday, January 24, 2016

Peanut Butter and Coffee anyone?

I have been telling my lab mate about my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.  After a few weeks of her begging me to make them, I finally did.  Of course, I also added a twist!  I made a loaf version of the muffins, and I made Peanut Butter Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins (whoo, what a mouthful!).

First up, the loaf cake!


I followed the recipe for the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins, and placed it into a large loaf pan.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top so that it is more aesthetically pleasing and desirable.  I baked them at 375 for 20 minutes, decreased the heat to 350 and baking for another 20 minutes or so.  The reason that I decreased the heat is because the top was already browned, but the inside was not cooked.  To continue cooking the inside and not burn the top, you need to decrease the temperature of the oven!

I also wanted to try something new.  I had bought coffee a few months ago to bake with and haven't had the occasion to try it yet.  I figured muffins were the perfect place to start!  Now, I was lazy between making the loaf cake and the muffins, and didn't want to clean the bowl; therefore, we got peanut butter coffee muffins with chocolate chips!



Ingredients: 
1 2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup (low-fat) buttermilk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 (extra) large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup (skim) milk
3 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
Add the peanut butter, buttermilk, applesauce, egg, and vanilla to a bowl and mix until fully combined.  Then add in the flour, sugars, and baking powder.  In a separate bowl, add the instant coffee to the milk.  Then add to the muffin mixture, and stir until combined.  Last, add the chocolate chips.  Place the muffins into a well-greased cupcake pan, and bake at 375 for 10 minutes, and then decrease the heat to 350 for another 20 minutes or so.

If you are not a fan of peanut butter, just leave it out of the muffins.  The consistency should still be fine, and your muffins should taste amazing!

I had brought the muffins and cake into lab, and they were well-received!

Now here is my questions to all of the bakers: How do you get you nice rounded muffins, or muffins that don't have the dome like these do?


Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment