Saturday, November 14, 2015

Apple Cups

I still had leftover apples from when I went apple picking last month.  I was wondering what to do with them, when I realized I had leftover homestyle biscuits from the monkey bread.  With these two things in hand, I decided to make apple cups!



Ingredients:
2-3 apples (I used Fuji)
**1 package homestyle biscuits (the package I used had 10 biscuits)
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp brown sugar

Instructions:
Peel the apples, and cut them into cubes.  Place them into a large skillet, adding the butter.  Once the butter is melted, add 1 tbsp brown sugar.  Sauté on low heat while you prepare the biscuits.
Take one biscuit, and using the palm of your hand to flatten it.  Take a second biscuit and place it along one edge, again spreading using the palm of your hand.  Place the biscuit into a well-greased cupcake pan, with the seam on the pan.
Scoop the apple mixture into the cups until filled.  Make sure that you do not over fill the cups, as the biscuits will rise and push some of the mixture upwards.
Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes, or the biscuits have browned.
Let cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer the apple cups.  During this time, use the leftover butter in your pan and add the brown sugar to it, 1 tbsp at a time, until there is no butter left in the pan and the brown sugar is completely melted.  Spoon the mixture over the top of the apple cups.  If the mixture becomes hard, just heat it up again!  I had to heat mine three time.  If you really are not a fan of sugar, then you can also skip this step.

My suggestion is to serve warm.

Enjoy!


**Each cup uses two biscuits.  I made 5 cups and used a little under 3 apples.  Please adjust the recipe accordingly (ie. doubling if you are serving more than 5 people).

No comments:

Post a Comment