Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chocolate Monkey Bread

When my Grandma Ellen and Grandpa Arnold were here a few weeks ago, they gave me a recipe for a walnut and raisin monkey bread.  Seeing that I do not like either of those, I decided to change it and make a chocolate monkey bread.  I was in a rush yesterday when I was making it, and definitely did not follow the recipe. That being said, I still think it turned out really well, therefore, here is the altered recipe.



Ingredients:
3 containers of 7.5 oz homestyle biscuits
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 cups chocolate chips (I used 1 cup but thought it could have used more)
1/4 cup melted butter

Instructions:

  1. Grease a fluted bundt-pan
  2. Cut the biscuits into quarters
  3. In a large ziplock bag or bowl, put in the light brown sugar and cinnamon.  Then place the quarters in the bag/ bowl and coat
  4. Place a layer of biscuit quarters on the bottom of the pan, followed by chocolate chips.  Repeat, ending with a layer of biscuits on the top.  Don't worry, only about 1/2 of the pan will be full.
  5. Pour half of the melted butter evenly over the top
  6. Spoon in about 2 tbsp of the leftover brown sugar mixture until the mixture is all brown, and pour evenly over the top.
  7. Bake in the oven, at 350, for about 30 minutes.  The dough should be completely cooked through, and the top of the monkey bread will be brown.
  8. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip it upside down onto a plate or server.
  9. Eat right out of the oven, or heat up before eating.  It is good at room temperature, but fantastic when it is warm.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Yours looks so much better then the one I had a few weeks back. Love the idea of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete