Friday, April 22, 2016

Passover Means Brownies!

Hi everyone.  I am so sorry that I haven't blogged lately.  I made chocolate cupcakes that were fantastic, and topped them with peeps.  They were fantastic.  I am more than happy to share the chocolate cupcake and chocolate frosting recipe with anyone!

However, I am here to talk about Passover, which starts tonight.  That means I can't eat food that contains yeast.  My amazing mother sent me Mandel bread, and I am baking brownies.  These brownies are edible all-year round.




Passover Brownies:
Ingredients:
10 tbsp unsalted butter plus 1 tsp for greasing the pan
6 ounces or 1 cup (parve passover) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/8 cups sugar plus 1-teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup Matzo cake meal
1 1/2 cup (parve passover) semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3/4 cup (parve passover) semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 3/4 cup walnuts



Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease in 8-inch square pan with butter and matzo cake meal.  I would suggest a disposable one, but you don't have to.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave safe bowl.  Remove from heat, and add 6 ounces chocolate chips, stiring until they are melted.  Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract.  Test the temperature of the chocolate; it should be tepid.  If not, let it rest until it is.
Whisk the eggs together, and then off them to the chocolate mixture.  Stir until the eggs are all mixed in.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in the matzo cake meal until it blended.  Add in the chocolate chips, or chocolate chips and nuts.  Spread the batter in the prepared pan.

Bake the brownies on the middle shelf of the oven, for around 30 minutes.  The toothpick should come out with some moist crumbs.  Cool completely on a wire rack, and refrigerate overnight.  Cut the brownies up, and store in the fridge!  


No comments:

Post a Comment