Sunday, March 13, 2016

It's (almost) Pi day!!

Tomorrow is Pi day! I'm always disappointed in myself when a day like cupcake or cookie day comes around and I don't know it until the end of the day and I don't have time to bake.  As I was heading to the market today, I remembered that tomorrow is Pi day.  I was going to bake a cake (I have been looking forward to making one for a few weeks now), but switched it up and decided to make a chocolate pie.  Now, I did not make the crust.  That would have been too complicated for me today, but who doesn't love a triple chocolate pie?


Ingredients:
1 extra large graham cracker pie crust (I got the keebler 9 oz crust)
3 boxes (Hershey) chocolate pudding mix, instant, 4-servings
1 box vanilla pudding mix, instant, 4-servings
3/4 cup (low-fat) chocolate milk
2 1/4 cup (skim) milk
1 tub cool-whip, extra-creamy
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
1) In a small bowl, whisk together 1 box vanilla pudding mix and 1 cup milk.  I only have 1/2 box in my apartment, but I think using 1 box will be better. Place in fridge.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 3 boxes chocolate pudding mix, 3/4 cup chocolate milk, and 1 1/4 cups milk.  Whisk in 1/2 of the cool whip.
3) Spoon the chocolate pudding into the pie crust, and spread out evenly.


4) Take the vanilla pudding out of the fridge, and spread evenly over the chocolate.

5) Next, spoon the non-frozen cool-whip over the vanilla pudding.  It is much easier to spread the cool-whip when it is runnier.

6) Last, but not least decorate to your desire!  I added chocolate chips around the outside and then made the Pi sign in the middle.  However, you can use whatever you would like to decorate the pie.  

An alternative would be to place marshmallows over the top of the pie instead of the cool-whip and vanilla pudding.  Broil the pie until marshmallows are golden.



Have fun and Happy Pi day!

No comments:

Post a Comment